THE MOST EXTENSIVE
ON THE INTERNET
A thin aerial veil is drawn o'er beauty's face, seeming to hide, more sweetly shows the blushing bride.
Dear hope! earth's dowry and heav'n's debt,
The entity of things that are not yet
Subtlest, but surest thing.
Eyes that displace the neighbor diamond, and outface that sunshine by their own sweet grace.
Locked up from mortal eye in shady leaves of destiny.
Nothing speaks our grief so well as to speak nothing.
O mighty nothing! unto thee,
Nothing, we owe all things that be;
God spake once when He all things made,
He saved all when He nothing said,
The world was made of nothing then;
'Tis made by nothing now again.
And I, what is my crime I cannot tell,
Vnless it be a crime to haue lou'd too well.
- Alexias [Love]
Heaven's great artillery.
- Flaming Heart (l. 56) [Love]
She'l bargain with them; and will giue
Them GOD; teach them how to liue
In him; or if they this deny,
For him she'l teach them how to Dy.
- Hymn to the Name and Honor of Saint Teresa
A happy soul, that all the way
To heaven hath a summer's day.
- In Praise of Lessius' Rule of Health
(l. 33) [Soul]
Love's great artillery.
- Prayer (l. 18) [Love]
Thou water turn'st to wine, fair friend of life;
Thy foe, to cross the sweet arts of Thy reign,
Distils from thence the tears of wrath and strife,
And so turns wine to water back again.
- Steps to the Temple--To Our Lord upon the Water Made Wine
The conscious water saw its God and blushed.
- Translation of His Own Epigram on the Miracle of Cana--St. John's Gospel
(ch. II) [Wine and Spirits]
Life, that dares send
A challenge to his end,
And when it comes, say, "Welcome, friend!"
- Wished to his (Supposed) Mistress (st. 29)
Tresses, that wear
Jewels, but to declare
How much themselves more precious are.
- Wishes to his (supposed) Mistress [Hair]
Whoe'er she be,
That not impossible she,
That shall command my heart and me.
- Wishes to his (Supposed) Mistress [Women]
Days that need borrow
No part of their good morrow,
From a fore-spent night of sorrow.
- Wishes to his (Supposed) Mistress (st. 27)
[Day : Today]
Eyes, that displaces
The neighbor diamond, and out-faces
That sun-shine by their own sweet graces.
- Wishes--To his (Supposed) Mistress [Eyes]
Mighty Love's artillery.
- Wounds of the Lord Jesus (l. 2) [Love]
Support GIGA. Buy something from Amazon.